Wednesday, May 03, 2006
It's Official!
As of now, the lease has been signed, deposit checks have been given, and next Saturday the house is officially ours (to rent). Among the many things prohibited by the lease are foil on the windows, shaking out clothing, rugs or rags out the window, making loud annoying noises past 10 pm and meth labs.

Danielle has been freaking out about the move. Afraid we won't get it done in time, we won't be able to move her entire 2 rooms in a day, etc. I tried explaining to her that she has already moved a few times, in fact she moved 4000 miles and did ok with that. I think she is more worried about us moving in together than she is about actually moving.

She's worried that I have too much crap and she won't be able to get me to get rid of it. She's worried that we have too much stuff for that house. She's worried that either she'll hate living with me, or I'll hate living with her. She's worried that I will make her wear a Muslim headress and robes and not allow her to leave the hosue. ("Not Without My Daughter" anyone?) And of course, she's worried that I'll break up with her and make her move out. I've (hopefully) assured her of that last fear and that if it happens (which it won't) whoever does the breaking up, has to be the one to move out. So she feels a little better.

I've tried to assure her that all of her fears are baseless, but it looks like we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Stay tuned, won't you...
 
as of 12:04 PM timothy rules the roost! | Permalink |


0 Comments: