Monday, May 15, 2006
MOVED!
So this has been a long arduous and extremely hot weekend, but I think we have the majority of our stuff moved in!

First off, I'll say that I had forgotten how heavy all of my furniture is. Secondly, I think I underestimated exactly how many cats, three cats is. It seems like everytime I turn around, there is a cat staring at me! It's like an eerie Alfred Hitchcock movie. So if you are allergic to cats, you are more than welcome to come by, I just don't recomend you walk inside...


...and you probably want to avoid going to the bathroom if you do...



Despite all the moving I was able to get many other things done this weekend. I was able to repair all the busted sprinkler heads in the yard, I was able to get a lot of plants for the backyard for very cheap (thanks to the 50th Annual "Day-Before-Mother's-Day" Plant Sale at some vacant lot).

But the house is very cluttered with boxes and boxes of stuff. For every one of my boxes that we go through and Danielle decides all of it is going to Goodwill, it seems like there are three more that I try to hide from her!



...notice the Sega Master System Game in that box? (it's Alex the Kidd)
I don't even own a Sega Master System, and haven't since I was 10!
Why am I holding on to it?
For the same reason men have nipples...
...just in case!

One of the first things to go is all of the wire hangers that I use to hang my clothes up with. I'm not sure what the wire hangers have done to her in the past, though they have always been quite a sturdy friend to me, but everytime I ask her what atrocity they have committed (are they as bad as Pol Pot?) she just yells out "No More WIRE HANGERS!" and that apparently settles it! ... and she claims to have never seen Mommie Dearest!


But things are going well, we can both agree when the other has the better idea, and we are learning our boundries on when it is ok to push, and when it is not. Frankly, we've both been so exhausted that we just don't have the energy to fight yet, but I'm sure we will soon.

At one point, we decided that if we put everything we wanted to get done onto the bed, we wouldn't be able to sleep until it was all done...

...then we found out how easy it is to simply push things off onto the floor!

But we persevere, because we must, and most likely we will have pictures hung by the weekend!
More pictures to come soon as we clear out rooms.

Meanwhile, my current favorite part of the house is the nice front porch we have. It is much larger and more covered than my last one, and there is plenty of room for all of my plants!

 
as of 1:54 PM timothy rules the roost! | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger superjay

    That's right, Tim! You hold onto that stuff! Stand your ground!

    You need the wire hangers with the cardboard piece for your pants. Plastic doesn't work for pants. Just fyi.

    That's hilarious about the cats. One cat's stare creeps out, can't multiple.

    You know, the only thing missing from that front porch...I don't even have to say it...