Tuesday, June 13, 2006
The Most Boring Post You've Ever Read
So we hosted our first guest this weekend. Charles was out here for business and we decided to make a quick Saturday trip up to Sonoma. He's been out to visit me a few times, but has not yet seen the new house. He was very impressed with the definate lack of dog, as compared to my old old place, but didn't quite know how he felt about the proliferation of cat.

Sonoma is always a good time, but we found a few new favorite spots this weekend that will definitely be added to The Tim and Danielle Spectacular Sonoma Sojourn (not to be confused with The Danielle and Tim Gnarly Napa Knock-about). So make sure you call ahead for tickets, they are selling out fast.

We got up very early. I don't think I'm awake in this picture.


Of course, my favorite part of the weekend was Sunday. Sunday, we did nothing exciting. Well, I mean, we went to Target, Petco, and Safeway. But as compared to other things, not really that exciting.

It seems that majority of our relationship has revolved around vacations, or vacation like activities. We met at a wedding, saw each other for a second time on Spring Break in San Diego, and each trip out to see each other seemed more like a vacation, than everyday life. Even once she moved out here, there were new places for her to see, things for us to do. So we've always wondered how we would together deal with the humdrum of daily life.

Of course, now that we are living together, there's going to be a lot of downtime. A lot of time where life, no matter how hard you try, is just not a vacation. On Sunday we had planned on going to a free concert in the city, but were both so exhausted from Saturday, that we just sat it out. So we bought pet food and litter. We bought more storage boxes. And we got all of our groceries for the week. "Woo hoo, Tim. Why are you boring us with your boring life?!"

The boring things are as much a part of living as the exciting ones are. Due to our arriving guest we somehow got all the rest of the boxes unpacked and the house in pretty much good order. So Sunday was probably our first day of actually "living" together. We had nothing to do.

I got caught up on some more gardening, repotting a few things, potting a few others, and getting the back patio into a little better shape. I planted some peppers, so I could chase Danielle around with them (she hates any kind of spice except salt) and rearranged some things. Are you completely bored yet? Because Danielle wasn't! She was very helpful in the replanting process, she was great about providing refreshment for us both and didn't complain once about how I was spending my time, and once she became bored, happily went to find something else to do.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm performing my dirt magic taught to me by band of wandering hippies


We are having to learn how to deal with each other on a daily basis. We, of course, laugh a lot. She tells me I'm stupid a lot (like when I sing a song about Grace living in the utility room). I call her a Giggles McSillypuss (like when she dances with Bandit). We bicker every now and then, but more because we're bored than actually frustrated. Now that we have DVR and can record two TV shows at once, we don't even argue over what we watch.

So while it is still too early to figure out which one of us will actually kill the other, I think we are settling in quite nicely.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bandit was happy to herd his chewbone while I made my plan of attack

 
as of 9:02 AM timothy rules the roost! | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger superjay

    see, I didn't think that was too boring. nice to see a change of pace - everyday life of Tim/Danielle.

    (you should do something about that grass)

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger timothy

    the grass is going to have to wait until Novemeber when it starts raining again. Plus, before I can do grass, I need to get some fill dirt (plenty of free dirt in CA) and level the yard a bit.

    ...and I've got three other projects in line before I get to that.